Looking to generate sustainable community wealth? Wanting to support communities to do it for themselves?
At this workshop Ian Wilson from CASE and Deana Wildgoose of THINK FC will share what they are doing in North West Leicestershire and introduce you to some tools to share and use in your area, including:
- Community Benefit Societies - the ultimate democratic take over vehicle;
- Community Asset Bingo - a cool connecting tool;
- The Wicked Spreadsheet - a viability and community wealth building calculator
This is a great opportunity to hear from others and to share ideas and initiatives and take away some tools from the workshop.
Thursday 3 December 2020, 1030-1200. Register free on Eventbrite here
Event by Reaching People working in partnership with Locality and Power to Change.
The aims of this advocacy programme, which is funded through Power to Change, is to engage key stakeholders and raise the profile of the current issues and challenges in delivering sustainable community asset ownership in their local places across England. It will also consider the impact of the Covid crisis on community assets and the role of community assets in the post-crisis response, recovery and resilience of local economies.
Leicester is a priority area for Power to Change so they are keen to support approaches for sustainable community asset ownership and help grow the sector locally. Reaching People have been engaged by Locality to deliver three network events as part of our new local leadership programme, focusing on:
- Economic resilience and recovery - surviving in challenging times
- Community Asset Transfer and rents
- Social business trading income and independence
- Development and sustainability
The aim of the three seminars is to:
- Improve practice and take action
- Develop Effective Influencing skills
- Creative problem solving